Monday, March 9, 2009

adaptive technology

The adaptive technology that I found to be the most interesting was the braille machine. It was wonderful how you could scan a book or a test and then make it into braille for the student. If I were to have a student who had this problem the test could be given to them in braille, so the could review it. You could also provide the student with chapter reviews that are in braille. In the end it would be the same as was descried to us, the student would read the test in braille then give his test answers to a scribe. This way the teacher can grade the test because he probably does not know how to read braille. I thought that the Student Support Services were astonishing and I could not believe all that is done. In a few years it seems that technology is going to create an even playing field for people with disadvantages.

1 comment:

  1. The only problem I see is how the teacher will come to relies on this technology. What happens if the technology breaks? As a teacher we must be prepared for the unexpected. I enjoyed knowing this technology is available but I feel the teacher must be more available to these students.

    ReplyDelete